CYBF congratulates the winners of the 2012 CYBF Chairman’s Awards for Best Business!
National Best Business & Best Expanding Business
Entrepreneur: Lauren Friese
Best Emerging Business
Fiddleheads Kids Shop Inc.
Entrepreneur: Lisa Donaldson
Best Innovative Business
Avenir Medical Inc.
Entrepreneurs: Armen Bakirtzian, Richard Fanson and Andre Hladio
Best Green Business
Entrepreneur: Lisa von Sturmer
Best Socially-Minded Business
Entrepreneur: Tal Dehtiar
Awards Program Information
You know your small business is great! So why not show off a little?
The FuEL Awards and the CYBF Chairman’s Awards for Best Business have teamed up to make it easier to show everyone how successful you and your business are. Two great awards programs – one single application process!
You could win a prize package valued at over $22,500* with the CYBF Chairman’s Awards for Best Business. Our annual awards program celebrates and acknowledges the outstanding achievements of our entrepreneurs. Applicants can apply for our Best Business Awards and will be considered for up to five categories.
Best Business Award Categories:
- Best Emerging Business: This award will go to a business that demonstrates establishment of a solid customer base and market presence, while experiencing profitability, and is in operation for 1 – 3 years.
- Best Expanding Business: This award will go to a business that demonstrates growth in any of the following areas: customer base, market presence, or job creation while experiencing profitability. This recipient will have been operational for more than 3 years.
- Best Innovative Business: This award will go to a business which has discovered, developed or refined a new or existing product, service or method which is adopted into practical applications immediately subsequent to its discovery and provides value to the end user.
- Best Green Business: This category will go to a business that embodies sustainability, or offers a product or service that provides a clear environmental benefit.
- Best Socially-Minded Business: This category will go to a business which recognizes a social issue, and uses their business operations as an avenue to create and organize social change.
Note: CYBF reserves the right to assign your application to one of the five categories noted above as it sees fit.. Applicants may only win in one category.
The five Best Business Awards winners will then compete for one grand prize of $20,000* (CDN) and the title of National Best Business Award.
All Best Business category winners will receive:
- A cash prize valued at $1,000* (CDN) and the chance to compete for the National Best Business Award and an additional $20,000 cash prize* (CDN)
- A professional photo shoot
- A national profiling through media, advertising and social media campaigns
- Participation in CYBF’s Global Entrepreneurship Week Canada (GEW) initiatives
- A crystal trophy (to take home to mom)
- Recognition as a CYBF Entrepreneurship Ambassador to help build the profile of your business
*The cash prize portion of the awards package is privately funded by an anonymous third party.
To be eligible for the CYBF Chairman’s Award for Best Business, applicants must:
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be a past or current CYBF program recipient
- Have had CYBF start-up financing provided and be matched with a CYBF mentor prior to June 1, 2011
- Be in good financial standing with CYBF
- Have not previously won a CYBF Chairman’s Award
- Complete the CYBF Chairman’s Awards for Best Business Application and agree to the awards terms and conditions
Check out full details, award categories and eligibility criteria for both awards programs at www.fuelawards.ca
Questions about the CYBF Chairman’s Awards for Best Business? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.