For the second consecutive year, the CYBF hosted Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Canada and championed a variety of successful initiatives to build awareness to the value of young entrepreneurs. Take a look at a few of the ways we celebrated and what we accomplished.
How we celebrated
- CYBF’s Day on the Hill: To officially launch GEW Canada, we had a kick-off event on Parliament Hill in Ottawa featuring a roundtable with Hon. Rob Moore, Minister of State (Small Business and Tourism), a press conference and a meet-and-greet attended by MPs, Ministers and other government guests.
- National advertising campaign: We partnered with The National Post, Post Media newspapers, ClearChannel Outdoor Advertising, Captivate Elevator Advertising and others.
- Social media campaign: We spread a positive message of entrepreneurship on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and our blog.
- Great Canadian Mentoring Challenge: This online forum helped Canadians participate in GEW by sharing tips and advice to young entrepreneurs.
- Show Us Your Entrepreneur: We encouraged Canadians to share their story or experience with entrepreneurship through video, postcard and photo.
GEW by the numbers
- 350 partners
- 701 initiatives logged with 100% of our community partners participating in their communities
- 90,400 people attended events
- 28-million people reached through advertising
- 106-million impressions through online media and social networking sites