June 11, 2013, Toronto, ON – Today, 18 young Canadian entrepreneurs are preparing to travel to Moscow as delegates of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit. Being held from June 15-17, 2013, the 400-leader Summit will highlight how youth entrepreneurship can address some of the global economy’s most significant challenges and inform the priorities of the world’s 20 most powerful economies at the G20 Leaders’ Summit in September.
The dynamic young Canadian delegates were selected by the Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) to participate in this fourth annual Summit of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, a network of young entrepreneurs and the organizations that support them.
At the Summit, more than 400 dedicated and influential entrepreneurs will identify how government and business communities can best harness the potential of young entrepreneurs as drivers of job creation, innovation, economic growth and competitiveness. In addition, in-depth research reports will be published by Accenture and Ernst & Young, providing new data and thought leadership on the state of entrepreneurship around the globe and recommendations for G20 governments to support entrepreneurs.
“We’re so pleased to bring these inspiring young Canadian entrepreneurs to the world’s stage,” said Julia Deans, CEO, CYBF and Canadian Co-President, G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance. “Their innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and experience will help shape international and domestic policy worldwide and advance youth entrepreneurship in Canada and beyond.”
The Summit discussions will focus on issues critical to expanding youth entrepreneurship, including: access to digital infrastructure and services; education to provide knowledge, networks and innovation skills; business and labour legislation environment; and increasing access to finance for start-ups and enterprise growth.
“Here in Canada, by working together with governments and other partners, and beginning a process of dialogue and discovery, we can help ensure that young entrepreneurs and their businesses play a vital role in a prosperous Canadian economy,” said Olivier Letard, a Québec-based international entrepreneur, member of CYBF’s Board of Directors and Co-President, G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation.
The young entrepreneurs representing Canada include:
• Armen Bakirtzian – Avenir Medical Inc. (avenirmedical.com) – Waterloo, ON
• Derek Major – Eligeo CRM Inc. (www.eligeo.com) – Calgary, AB
• Zafer Dallal Bashi – Enventech Inc. – Saskatoon, SK
• Winston Chan – Dr. Winston Chan Chiropractic Wellness Center (drwinstonchan.ca) – Montreal, QC
• Frank Collins – DangerDynamite! Multimedia (dangerdynamite.com) – Saskatoon, SK
• Alexandre Dumont – Gazon Synthétique – Québec Inc. (gsquebec.com) – Québec City, QC
• Melinda Jacobs – Social Innovation Research Group – Toronto, ON
• Cedric Jeannot – I Think Security Ltd.(ithinksecurity.com) – Waterloo, ON
• Arjun Kumar – Kela Medical Inc, (kelamedical.com) – Whitby, ON
• Hugo Levasseur – Deltasco Solutions Inc. (deltasco.com) – Westmount, QC
• Barbara McLean-Stollery – Executive Airways Grooming Services (executiveairwaysgrooming.com) – Calgary, AB
• Donny Ouyang – Rayku Corp., (rayku.com) – Toronto, ON
• Louis P. J. Parent – ChronoMetriq Inc (chronometriq.ca) – Montréal, QC
• Daniel Rodic – Loose Button Inc. (loosebutton.com) – Toronto, ON
• Mike Schmidt – MFive Labs Inc. (getlistn.com) – Montreal, QC
• Lisa von Sturmer – Growing City (growingcity.com) – Vancouver, BC
• Scott Walton – Enovex (enovexcorp.com) – St. John, NB
• Roman Yusfin – BI on the Fly Inc. – Richmond Hill, ON
For more information about the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit, please visit www.g20yea.com.
G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance (G20 YEA)
The G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance is a collective of leading entrepreneurially-minded organizations representing the G20 countries who seek to promote youth entrepreneurship as a powerful driver of economic renewal, job creation, innovation and social change. The Alliance was founded as a movement to engage the G20 leaders in the cause of youth entrepreneurship, share information across borders, affect positive change and create a global network of young entrepreneur advocates, while building a collaborative entrepreneurial environment worldwide. For more information, visit www.g20yea.com.
G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit, Russia
The G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit in Moscow, Russia, is a gathering of young entrepreneurs (age 18-40) and entrepreneurship-focused organizations from the G20 countries. Hosted by The Centre for Entrepreneurship (CFE) it provides valuable input to government leaders to assist in driving sustainable global economic growth, exchange ideas, and to foster international partnerships and collaboration. The G20 YEA Summit is an official program of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance. For more information, visit www.g20yeasummit.com or www.cfe.ru.en.
Canadian Youth Business Foundation
The Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to growing our nation’s economy one young entrepreneur at a time. We look at character, not collateral, when providing youth aged 18-39 with pre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring to help them launch and sustain successful businesses. CYBF has been recognized as a global leader in advancing youth entrepreneurship, is a founding member of the global G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of the Prince’s Youth Business International, and the Canadian Host of Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 18-24, 2013). Visit www.cybf.ca.
For more information, contact:
Director, Marketing & Communications
Canadian Youth Business Foundation
416-408-2923 x 2203