Young Entrepreneurs Selected to Join Canadian Delegation at the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit in Russia
Toronto, ON, Thursday, April 11, 2013 – The Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) announced today the members of the official Canadian delegation attending the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance (G20 YEA) Summit in Moscow, Russia, June 15-17, 2013.
This is the fourth Summit held by the G20 YEA, a global network of leading entrepreneurially-minded organizations representing the G20 countries who seek to promote youth entrepreneurship as a powerful driver of economic renewal, job creation, innovation and social change. It will be hosted by the world-renowned Center for Entrepreneurship, a leading-edge entrepreneurship development organization based in Moscow with additional operations in St. Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
The G20 YEA Summit, Young Entrepreneurs Shaping the Future: Solutions for jobs, innovation and global growth, will inform the priorities of the September G20 world leader’s Summit – creating a framework for strong, sustainable and balanced growth and stimulating jobs and investments across all G20 countries – being hosted by the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, in St. Petersburg, Russia.
A number of dynamic young Canadian entrepreneurs, in addition to senior CYBF leadership, have been selected to participate in the G20 YEA Summit, an annual global conference that brings together inspiring young entrepreneurs, thought leaders and preeminent entrepreneur-focused organizations from the G20 countries.
At the G20 YEA Summit, delegates will focus on solutions to address critical issues facing G20 countries, including ways in which governments, academia, NGOs and business communities can work together to provide aspiring young entrepreneurs with foundational support to ensure their success. The G20 YEA recommendations will be presented in an official G20 YEA Communiqué presented to the B20 business leaders and to the G20 world leaders at the St. Petersburg Summit in September.
“Our Canadian delegation has been carefully selected to represent the voice of young entrepreneurs. They are all passionate about innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and building the strongest possible culture of entrepreneurship in Canada,” said Julia Deans, Chief Executive Officer, CYBF and Co-President, G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation. “They will not only help shape our recommendations for the G20’s business and world leaders, but will also return with invaluable international connections and fresh perspectives on entrepreneurial innovation that we and our governments can put to use.”
“Here in Canada, by working together with governments and other partners, and beginning a process of dialogue and discovery, we can help ensure that young entrepreneurs and their businesses play a vital role as architects of a prosperous 21st century Canadian economy,” said Olivier Letard, a Québec-based international entrepreneur, member of CYBF’s Board of Directors and Co-President, G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation.
Representing Canada will be:
- Derek Major – Eligeo CRM Inc. – Calgary, AB
- Barbara McLean-Stollery – Executive Airways Grooming Services – Calgary, AB
- Karen Milde – Reframe Marketing Inc – Vancouver, BC
- Lisa von Sturmer – Growing City – Vancouver, BC
- Zafer Dallal Bashi – Enventech Inc. – Saskatoon, SK
- Frank Collins – DangerDynamite! Multimedia – Saskatoon, SK
- Armen Bakirtzian – Avenir Medical Inc. – Waterloo, ON
- Melinda Jacobs – Social Innovation Research Group – Toronto, ON
- Cedric Jeannot – I Think Security Ltd. – Waterloo, ON
- Arjun Kumar – Kela Medical Inc. – Whitby, ON
- Kassandra Linklater – DL Strategic Online Media – Ottawa, ON
- Donny Ouyang – Rayku Corp. – Toronto, ON
- Daniel Rodic – Loose Button Inc. – Toronto, ON
- Roman Yusfin – BI on the Fly Inc. – Richmond Hill, ON
- Winston Chan – Dr.Winston Chan Chiropratic Wellness Center – Montreal, QC
- Alexandre Dumont – Gazon Synthétique – Québec Inc – Québec City, QC
- Jean-René Lemire – Vigneault Chocolatier Ltee/Theobroma Chocolat – Québec City, QC
- Hugo Levasseur – Deltasco Solutions Inc. – Westmount, QC
- Louis P. J. Parent – CHRONOMETRIQ INC. – Montreal, QC
- Mikael Schmidt – MFive Labs Inc. – Montreal, QC
- Michael Wahl – HP Fitness (O.A. Definitions) – St. John`s, NFLD
- Scott Walton – Enovex – St. John, NB
Leadership from CYBF includes:
- Olivier Letard, member of CYBF’s Board of Directors and Co-President, G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation.
- Julia Deans, Chief Executive Officer, CYBF and Co-President of the G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation
About the Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF)
CYBF is a national non-profit organization dedicated to growing our nation’s economy one young entrepreneur at a time. We look at character not collateral when providing youth, age 18-39, with pre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring, to help them launch and sustain a successful entrepreneurial businesses. CYBF has been recognized as a global leader in advancing youth entrepreneurship, is a founding member of the global G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance (G20 YEA) and the Canadian Host of Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 18-24, 2013). Visit www.cybf.ca.
About the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit, Russia
The G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit in Moscow, Russia is a gathering of young entrepreneurs (age 18-40) and entrepreneurship-focused organizations from the G20 countries. Hosted by The Centre for Entrepreneurship (CFE) it provides valuable input to government leaders to assist in driving sustainable global economic growth, exchange ideas and to foster international partnerships and collaboration. The G20 YEA Summit is an official program of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance. For more information, visit www.g20yeasummit.com.
CYBF and Canadian Delegation Media contact:
Director, Marketing and Communications
Canadian Youth Business Foundation
Phone: 866-646-2922 x2203