The Canadian Youth Business Foundation’s (CYBF) Start-up Program provides the support you need to get your business off the ground. On top of coaching and resources to help you create a winning business plan, CYBF also provides mentorship, financing and post-launch services to position you and your business for long-term success.
Financing that meets your needs:
- We focus on your character instead of collateral when assessing eligibility for financial support. Get the financing you need to start your business and build your credit.
- You may be eligible to receive up to a total of $45,000 to launch your business! CYBF offers up to $15,000 in start-up financing and you could receive up to twice your approved CYBF amount through our partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC).
Resources to set you up for success:
- Our community partners are located across the country and will direct you to additional small business resources in your area, help you establish and finalize a business plan that meets all application criteria and guide you through the application process.
- Need help getting started on your business plan? Our Online Business Resource Centre offers information, tools and templates to help you start and grow a business, including the CYBF Business Plan Guide.
- CYBF entrepreneurs-in-residence can provide you with support and guidance in all areas relating to the start of a new business.
- CYBF’s world-class mentoring program matches you with a mentor who will coach and support you as you establish and grow your business.
- Access to Entrepeer, our peer-support network that connects you online and face-to-face with other entrepreneurs as well as mentors and business champions from across Canada.
Taking over an existing business? We help with that too!
Applicants must meet the same criteria as start-up loan applicants and attain 51 per cent ownership of the company by the fifth year of operation. (For financing through CYBF’s Start-up Program, applicants must have controlling ownership at inception).